[asterisk-dev] Integration with legacy systems ...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 3 10:22:46 CDT 2009

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil wrote:

> I found on Internet a module step-by-step creation example that
> registrates a callback to handle CDR's.
> Is there a similar form to registrate a callback to intercept call setup
> events ?

You can't 'intercept' call setup events, because Asterisk is not a
proxy. You can either just *handle* the events normally by letting them
arrive at the dialplan, use whatever logic you wish, and create a new
outbound call leg, *OR* you can use a programmable proxy. Which you
choose will depend almost entirely on how 'transparent' you want the
signaling changes to be, with Asterisk in the middle, the outbound
INVITE is not really going to look very much like the incoming one at all.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com