[asterisk-dev] Integration with legacy systems ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Mon Aug 3 08:54:09 CDT 2009

Thanks a lot for your answer Kevin, we agree with the approach you
pointed and we are having a good look on SIP proxies as suggested by you.

But, let's consider that we need for some reason to implement this
functionality on Asterisk.
Having a initial look on everything it provides, I've noticed that is
there quite a number of entry points, like: build applications, build
modules, AMI, AEL, AGI, etc.

Considering what I've exposed on prior message, can you please give me a
hint on some good approach ?

For example: create an AGI application, and call it from the dialplan to
decide whether the caller (that will be a SIP "friend") can make such a
call.
This example can provide dynamic dial for each call some pbx extension
initiates, right ?

I found on Internet a module step-by-step creation example that
registrates a callback to handle CDR's.
Is there a similar form to registrate a callback to intercept call setup
events ?

I'll need to update dialplan dynamically with new extensions and
contexts that will be created for an specific Asterisk instance all the
time on this backend solution.
AEL is the one for this job ?

Please give me just a few words so I can have a lead on where to look for.

Thanks and best regards,
Mauro.

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572