[asterisk-dev] Bounty for parking on <slot>@<context>

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Apr 29 15:53:04 CDT 2009

Jared Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 16:39 +0100, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
>> I'd like to offer a bounty for a feature for Asterisk where an AGI
>> program can park and retrieve calls on parking slots that are of the
>> arbitrary string.
>
> I was halfway through writing an email that stated that this
> functionality is already available via the Park() dialplan application.
> Unfortunately, there appear to be some bugs in the implementation, which
> I've documented on the bug tracker [1].  Let me document what I was able
> to figure out so far:
>
> To quote the built-in help on that application:
>
>         If you set the PARKINGEXTEN variable to an extension in your
>         parking context, Park() will park the call on that extension,
>         unless it already exists. In that case, execution will continue
>         at next priority.
>
> So, that part works today.  Combine that with the ability of having
> multiple parking lots (available in 1.6.1 and later), and you *should*
> have what you need to accomplish your goal.
>
> The problem is that I can't find any way of reliably parking a call in a
> non-default parking lot.  The sample features.conf file in Asterisk
> 1.6.1 says:
>
>         ; You can set parkinglot with the CHANNEL dialplan function
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me.  The code would also suggest
> that the Park() application might look at a channel variable named
> PARKINGLOT, but that doesn't work either.
>
> As I stated earlier, I've filed a bug on the bug tracker [1], and
> hopefully a developer will find time soon to take a look and fix the
> problem.
>
> [1] http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14996

Jared,

Thank you, but unfortunately this still doesn't meet the requirements as
the "edvinapark" context in your example needs to be defined in the
Asterisk configuration files. For a hosted PBX system with hundreds of
thousands of users (which is what this is for), that's not going to scale.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/