[asterisk-dev] Bounty for parking on <slot>@<context>

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Apr 29 14:50:48 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 16:39 +0100, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> I'd like to offer a bounty for a feature for Asterisk where an AGI
> program can park and retrieve calls on parking slots that are of the
> arbitrary string.

I was halfway through writing an email that stated that this
functionality is already available via the Park() dialplan application.
Unfortunately, there appear to be some bugs in the implementation, which
I've documented on the bug tracker [1].  Let me document what I was able
to figure out so far:

To quote the built-in help on that application:

        If you set the PARKINGEXTEN variable to an extension in your
        parking context, Park() will park the call on that extension,
        unless it already exists. In that case, execution will continue
        at next priority.

So, that part works today.  Combine that with the ability of having
multiple parking lots (available in 1.6.1 and later), and you *should*
have what you need to accomplish your goal.

The problem is that I can't find any way of reliably parking a call in a
non-default parking lot.  The sample features.conf file in Asterisk
1.6.1 says:

        ; You can set parkinglot with the CHANNEL dialplan function

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me.  The code would also suggest
that the Park() application might look at a channel variable named
PARKINGLOT, but that doesn't work either.

As I stated earlier, I've filed a bug on the bug tracker [1], and
hopefully a developer will find time soon to take a look and fix the
problem.

[1] http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14996

--
Jared Smith