[asterisk-dev] dahdi kernel panic on shutdown

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Apr 24 01:05:41 CDT 2009

If it is just on shutdown and does not cause other problems just append
"panic=5" on boot in lilo or grub

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:08:46 -0700, Justin Killen wrote
> I have an asterisk server with an 8 port analog card from digium.  This
server is setup to reboot once a week (yes, I know that is excessive, but
that’s what the policy is).  This has worked fine for about a year and a half
or so.  Then, about 4 weeks ago, the server started to kernel panic on
shutdown.  I was using dadhi 2.1.0.3 and upgraded to 2.1.0.4 hoping to resolve
the issue, but it is still happening.

> Here is some version info:
>
> Linux kernel version 2.6.23.17-88.fc7 (redhat fedora core 7)
> Asterisk 1.4.22.1
> Dahdi 2.1.0.4
>

> Kernel Panic info:
>

> EIP: [<f8b3e9b3>] dahdi_ec_chunk+0x172/0x1ac [dahdi] SS:ESP 0068:c07a6f34
> Kernel panic – not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
>

> Here are a few links to pictures of the screen at the time of panic (please
excuse the quality, they’re from a cell phone):