[asterisk-dev] New security log channel

freebetel freebetel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:22:34 CDT 2009

Hi,

As discussed earlier this month with John Todd and Kevin Flemings in our
meeting in Canada (IT360 & Asterisk conference), I'm working on adding more
security log information to be treated later by an external process that
will make decision about blocking access to certain IP addresses found to be
a security threat.

I'm starting to write code and patches to inform the Asterisk administrator
about potential SIP and IAX2 attacks in realtime and I need to create a new
log channel.

Should we call it SECURITY? I checked the logger.c file and didn't find any
specific channel log for security information (from the trunk source).

Waiting for suggestions otherwise I will use SECURITY.

Thanks.

--
Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.