[asterisk-dev] Avoiding RTP flows (new topic)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 23 02:41:50 CDT 2009

23 apr 2009 kl. 09.37 skrev Venefax:

> I think that in my company and in many companies, if we could use
> Asterisk
> the way Openser works, we would save tons of money in training and
> learning
> curve. Human talent is far more expensive than iron. I wonder why we
> cannot
> change Asterisk a little so directrpt=yes does in fact work.

Believe me, if that was a small change,  we would have fixed it years
ago when
Mark introduced this code.

There are multiple proposals up for improving the media negotiation in
Asterisk
and we've spent quite a lot of time discussing this on the mailing
list and
during asterisk developer meetings. The videocaps branch has been around
for many years now, which is one of the proposals for improved media
negotiation, even though it's not focusing on the directrtp issue,
it's one way
of solving it.

/O