[asterisk-dev] Defining new section type in sip.conf - question about syntax

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Apr 15 08:21:04 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 03:01:07 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> The section prefix is ugly, but easier to handle in the code. The
> type= I personally
> think is confusing and a bad solution. Having a separate config file
> makes more sense to me, given the syntax confusion.

As the interface guy, I have to interject that ugliness in favor of code
simplification should NEVER be an option.  I've personally made things
less efficient in the loading phase in order to promote elegance in the
configuration file, and I would hope that we would always choose elegance
of configuration over ease of coding.

--
Tilghman