[asterisk-dev] call files batching - performance

John Regal jregal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:26:51 CDT 2009

Hi,
Forgive me if this is a double post. My mail client says it wasn't sent...

Hi all,
I am testing some batch calling process where I drop call files into the
outgoing directory. It takes my system about 4 minutes to send all of the
calls. It seems to do little batches of 5 or 6 at a time (by the looks of
the CLI screen). I have a VSP (sip.flowroute.com) that seems to be set to
re-register every 120 seconds.

My tentative results are:
25 call files -> 55 to 75 seconds to complete
40 call files -> consistent 210 seconds to complete
(I am performing my tests on a vmware instance running Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64
1G-RAM with Asterisk 1.6.0.8)

Can anyone tell me what controls (or how to control) the number of call
files Asterisk attempts to parse at-a-time? Does the re-registration with my
VSP affect my performance? Can this re-registration period (currently 120
seconds) be modified on my Asterisk server?
What other factors can affect or improve my performance when batch calling?

Thanks in advance for the help.