[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP Re-invite Glare and 491 Madness...

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 1 13:02:21 CDT 2009

1 apr 2009 kl. 19.13 skrev Mark Michelson:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> While I understand what you're trying to do, the whole situation
>> seems
>> like we're continuing to add bad patches to something with the wrong
>> architecture from start. Suddenly, we have cseq in at least four
>> places:
>>
>>  - last invite cseq
>>  - last non-invite cseq
>>  - glare cseq
>>  - the stored packet's (initreq) cseq
>>
>> Is this really the proper way to go? While this might be the most
>> light-weight patch for older releases, I suggest that someone spends
>> some time on finding a proper architecture for trunk. The spagetthi
>> code in chan_sip is beginning to look more and more like overcooked
>> lasagna.
>>

> I think that is not good to refer to this as a "bad patch" since it
> gets the job
> done with minimal invasiveness and helps to make the SIP stack better.
My apologies, I did not mean that David's patch was bad, it's propably
the
only way to fix the issue.

I think we agree on the rest. I just wanted to make it a bit more
obvious for
the rest of the developers that the situation is slowly getting worse
and
worse and the code will soon reach a state where we can't maintain
it much longer.

/O