[asterisk-dev] Two version of asterisk on the same server

Serge Berney s.berney at kinonline.net
Wed Apr 1 01:37:52 CDT 2009

Hi !

I have compiled and install v1.6.0.6 on our production server (with v1.4.23 running) following Wiki instruction.

v1.4.23 is on default folder (/etc/asterisk, /usr/sbin, /var/lib/asterisk, /var/spool/asterisk, ...) and v1.6.0.6 is on /opt/asterisk_v1.6 folder.

v1.4.23 is well running, v1.6.0.6 is configured with different communication ports and run without problem.

But, there's a "but" J :

When I try to run the CLI with this command : "/opt/asterisk_v1.6/sbin/asterisk -r" I got this error :

Ø  Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /opt/asterisk_v1.6/var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Asterisk seems running and "asterisk.ctl" exist (and .pid also) !

I try (after Google-it) to move run folder to : /opt/asterisk_v1.6/var/run/asterisk (with all read/write/execute for any users) but with no success...

Is it a compilation problem ? How the CLI interact with Asterisk's process ?

How Can I check if Asterisk v1.6 is well running ? (no error on logs)

Thanks for your help !

Serge Berney