[asterisk-dev] Queue and presence Asterisk integration with OpenFire XMPP server

dfp at interfree.it dfp at interfree.it
Fri Sep 26 10:41:40 CDT 2008

Hi all,

here is my question regarding making asterisk a generic contact center having both voip and IM contacts.

Let's suppose i want the operator to receive a call or a chat but not together in the same time.
I  would like to integrate for example the OpenFire XMPP server capabilities with the asterisk ACD feature.

In particular i would like to know if is possible to have for Asterisk a similar plug-in like the Asterisk-IM already available on OpenFire.

In this case i need to communicate from asterisk->XMPP server the presence information (that i can do with asterisk-IM),
and from XMPP -> asterisk the chat presence information (so that operators result busy when in a chat).
Is it possible to have APIs to set into asterisk the chat user presence coming from an external XMPP server?

Thank you

Donato F.

Vuoi essere presente online?
Vuoi dare voce alla tua attivita`?
Acquista un dominio su domini.interfree.it.
A partire da 18,59 euro