[asterisk-dev] GUI Development Framework & Asterisk...

Darren Schreiber d at d-man.org
Tue Sep 23 12:11:23 CDT 2008

Hello,
    Hopefully this note is not misplaced (asterisk-gui and asterisknow
looked more like user help forums)...

    I am working on a project called TCAPI to create a layered approach to
developering GUIs for telephony applications in a rapid-development style
framework. The framework assists in displaying UI components and generating
configuration files for various soft-switches. I think I am going to try and
make this project work with Asterisk.

    I am wondering what the interest in this idea might be?  The idea behind
the architecture is here:
http://www.tcapi.org/index.php?title=Developer:Overview

    Some code is written but it's still very much a work in progress. There
is not-yet released code to make the framework function with DoJo, YUI, etc.
and also some comet-based modules for conferencing and channel monitoring in
real-time via the web. More to come, of course :-) The concepts are not that
different from FreePBX's modularity, but probably more layered in the
approach.

    I'm also at AstriCon if anyone is also there and interested in
discussing this in-person.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sincerely,
    Darren Schreiber