[asterisk-dev] XML documentation for applications and functions

Eliel Sardañons eliel at eliel.net
Fri Sep 19 13:11:28 CDT 2008

Hello,
As discussed on #asterisk-dev, I have added support for <note> and <warning>
tags, making a trivial task to add more tags of this type.
I call this tags "special_tags", they are of the form (and can be found
where a <para> tag can be found):
   having as many <para> elements as we want. And when printing this tags we
setup in the code the color and how to print it like:

*tagname: *note*
init tag: <note>*NOTE*:</note>
end tag: *NULL

where <note> </note> inside inittag are specified for the colorization
mechanism with a color assigned to this tag.

I have also uploaded appdocsxml.dtd defining the XML schema accepted by the
parsing mechanism in the 'doc' directory of the source tree. The XML can be
validated using this DTD against the core-en_US.xml already being generated
and installed (by default) in /var/lib/asterisk.

Please test this branch and give us feedback to continue development and get
this merged into trunk asap! :-)

Thanks!

Eliel C. Sardañons
LU1ALY