[asterisk-dev] Recording sound and encode it in g711 under Windows with c++

Karsten Asche K-Asche at web.de
Wed Sep 17 09:08:21 CDT 2008

Hi @ all,

is anyone here who can explain me how to record sound under windows(at the moment id this with WAVEFORM and the Format PCM)
and encode the recorded data to g711? IŽve found the algorithm from itu-t but donŽt understand it exactly.

the method has the parameter int pcm-val. What I have to give to this Method? The buffer out of WAVEHDR with sound is LPSTR.
Have I give the Address of the buffer to the Method?

Greetings

Karsten