[asterisk-dev] decrease Max-Forwards header

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Sep 17 08:50:19 CDT 2008

"Raj Jain" <rj2807 at gmail.com> writes:

> IMHO, this makes some sense but not a whole lot because in the
> scenario you mentioned Asterisk is acting as a B2BUA not a proxy. It
> is a proxy's job to detect loops and not B2BUA's.

This is true, but it is rather easy to make a loop with Asterisk. If
we could use a piece of proxy technology to mitigate that problem,
then I am all for it. As long as it doesn't break anything, of course.

It wouldn't solve everything; I have made call loops on PRI circuits
several times, and Max-Forwards couldn't do anything about that.
Still, better than nothing.

/Benny