[asterisk-dev] Some wild thoughts about logging

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Sep 9 12:39:13 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 08:41:35 Ralfe Poisson wrote:
> I have an AGI system that works off of a calling card system. I have very
> verbose logging for this AGI system and I store the caller_id and
> account_number for every log entry. I find it extremely useful for working
> out what they are doing wrong, or what the system has done in certain
> circumstances.
>
> If Asterisk could have a similar feature built into its CDR database, that
> would be a massive help in troubleshooting and debugging, and it would help
> the support techs as well.

Something that might be MUCH easier to work with would be to log the
thread ID of the channel in the CDR, since the thread ID is already part of
every single log message.  That would be a far less intrusive patch, and it
would give a very clear link between a certain CDR and every associated log
message.

--
Tilghman