[asterisk-dev] Some wild thoughts about logging

Brian Degenhardt bmd at digium.com
Tue Sep 9 12:21:45 CDT 2008

Chris Howard wrote:
> Ralfe Poisson wrote:
>> I have an AGI system that works off of a calling card system. I have
>> very verbose logging for this AGI system and I store the caller_id and
>> account_number for every log entry. I find it extremely useful for
>> working out what they are doing wrong, or what the system has done in
>> certain circumstances.
>>
>> If Asterisk could have a similar feature built into its CDR database,
>> that would be a massive help in troubleshooting and debugging, and it
>> would help the support techs as well.
>>
>> Ralfe
>>
> I believe that murf is working on a "New CDR System" that might do what
> you are talking about.
>
> See: http://venturevoip.com/news.php?rssid=1714

Sorry for the plug, but I'm giving a talk about exactly this at Astricon:

http://www.astricon.net/2008/glendale/web/confTracks.php#t159

CEL: An Introduction to Asterisk's New Call Logging Mechanism - Brian
Degenhardt
CEL is an experimental new mechanism for logging calls in asterisk
targeted at not only identifying that a call occurred, but actually what
happened in the call. This talk will answer questions about what CEL is,
what you can do with it, and how to use it.

cheers
-bmd