[asterisk-dev] Check if channel exists

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Tue Oct 28 18:22:14 CDT 2008

Julian Lyndon-Smith skrev:
> Johan Wilfer wrote:
>
>> I need to get a channel name to be able to use the ChannelRedirect
>> application. The group function doesn't provide this, it is however
>> handy for a lot of other things.
>>

> Slightly confused then : you originally said:
>
> "I thinking about a function ChanActive(channel)"
>
> Don't you already need to know the channel name at this point, then ?
>
> Or are you looking for a way of knowing what channel  is associated with
> an extension (SIP/576) or line (ZAP/1)
>
> Julian

I guess my brain has begun melting.
No you are right, I won't need this as it could be done with the current
set of applications and functions.

Do you know if there is a short answer on the channel renaming thing?
When does this happen? On bridging?
Because if it can occur during a conference or during ordinary dialplan
execution I've a fatal flaw in my logic..

/Johan