[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] eliel: branch group/appdocsxml r151893 - in /team/group/appdocsxml: include/a...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 28 07:32:16 CDT 2008

SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:

> - Cast to (const char *) where we are talking about a constant value.

It concerns me a bit that all this casting is being done; you've
typedef'd 'char' and 'const char' with ast_xml_attr and ast_xml_text
names, and then nearly every time you use the variables defined with
these types you have to cast them to their underlying types.

What is the value of having the typedefs in this situation?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies