[asterisk-dev] New license for db?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Oct 26 13:51:07 CDT 2008

----- Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> It seems like Oracle has changed the license for Berkeley DB
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/htdocs/oslicense.html
>
> Does this license work for us? Should we upgrade ast_db?

If we were going to update astdb, I would rather go with sqlite3.  In fact, most of the work to do this has been done for a long time.  Josh has it sitting in a branch.  I think all that is left is writing a tool to upgrade existing databases, and a final review.

If there are reasons to use something else in the upgrade, we should definitely consider them, though.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer