[asterisk-dev] New license for db?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 26 05:15:19 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:38:58AM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> It seems like Oracle has changed the license for Berkeley DB
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/htdocs/oslicense.html
>
> Does this license work for us? Should we upgrade ast_db?

Does this license look like an unreadable license (written in a variant
of English known as Legalese)? Item (3) there is simply badly written,
to my NAL eyes.

In fact, on my system /usr/share/doc/db4.6-util/copyright reads exactly
the same, except it has 'Copyright (c) 1990,2007 Oracle.  All rights
reserved.' instead of 'Copyright (c) 1990-2008
 *      Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.'

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com