[asterisk-dev] Asterisk at SIPit23 in Lannion France

Wed Oct 22 04:31:38 CDT 2008

Kevin P. Fleming schrieb:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> Really no problems at Sipit although 1.4 does not handle to-tags correctly?
>>
>> btw: is totag handling fixed in 1.6?
>
> We ran all our tests with pedantic mode enabled, and only ran into one
> interop problem with tag handling, which turned out to be the other
> party's fault (they had problems with interop with other implementations
> as well, not just Asterisk).
>
> Are you referring to an open issue on the bug tracker or something else
> with more details?

I do not know if it is fixed in Asterisk 1.6, but the bug is still in
1.4.21.2:
pedantic=yes

Asterisk             SIP proxy          phone1      phone2
   ------INVITE--------->
                         -----------INVITE->

                         ----------------------INVITE->

                         <----180-----------
   <----180--------------
                         <---------------180-----------
   <----180--------------
                         <---------------200-----------
   <----200--------------
The 200 will be ignored by Asterisk.

In pedantic mode Asterisk learns the totag in the first response and
ignore all other responses with different totag. Thus, Asterisk can not
handle multiple early dialogs. The bugfix (without making Asterisk real
multi-early-dialog-aware) would be to learn the totag only in the final
response, not in the provisional response.

I just found that one:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11536

So maybe it is fixed in SVN already?

regards