[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] mattf: trunk r150640 - in /trunk: channels/ configs/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Oct 20 14:43:55 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> This is a build time test. But at run time the libpri in question might
> not have the function in question.

Please point me to *any* other library which provides the sort of
compatibility you keep asking for; I've never seen one, and I really
doubt such a thing exists. I cannot imagine any real-life scenario where
Asterisk built against libpri 1.4.x (where x >= 6, for example) needs to
be able to run with libpri 1.4.x (where x < 6). Every distribution
packaging system takes great care to make sure this situation does not
arise, because it's just not manageable.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies