[asterisk-dev] Asterisk XML Documentation (Other XML sources)

Eliel Sardañons eliels at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:28:39 CDT 2008

Hello list,
     I am writing here to get some feedback about how to handle other XML
documentation sources like "addons" and other extra files where we could be
able to find (application/functions) XML documentation. The idea is to add a
configuration context inside asterisk.conf of the form:

[documentation]
language => en_US
source => core
source => addons
source => anotherextra

So, asterisk will search inside PATH/core-en_US.xml, PATH/addons-en_US.xml
and PATH/anotherextra-en_US.xml to find the XML documentation when needed.
Right now core is being hardcoded inside the code (uggh), with this form we
will be able to add as many sources as needed, then in asterisk-addons we
will be able (in the make install) to generate the "addons-language.xml"
file. And if we added our application from outside the source tree we will
be able to create an xml file and just insert the name in asterisk.conf.

Sorry for my poor english. Hope you to understand the idea.

Thanks in advanced

--
Eliel Sardañons
LU1ALY