[asterisk-dev] Introduction to ASA - the Asterisk Security Architecture

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Oct 13 08:59:28 CDT 2008

Grey Man wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>> Friends,
>> I've collected some notes and ideas and produced yet another PDF for
>> you to look at, read and then discuss.
>>
>> http://edvina.net/asterisk/asa-intro.pdf
>>
>> All feedback - positive, negative and flames - are welcome!
>>

> Personally I can't really see a big need for such a new security
> framework within Asterisk it seems to be a bit of a case of a solution
> looking for a problem. Or at the very least it's possibly a case of
> adding functionality for 10% of users and creating additional
> complexity for 90%.
>
> The current dialplan contexts already allow groupings of common
> services amongst user accounts.

As with anything so Enterprisey, it will have use within certain very
large, Enterprise-scale Asterisk projects provided they are willing to
adopt Asterisk in the first place.  Such a framework may provide them a
certain additional incentive to do so, because it looks so Enterprise(TM).

For the rest of us, I think you are correct.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems