[asterisk-dev] Introduction to ASA - the Asterisk Security Architecture

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:59:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> Friends,
> I've collected some notes and ideas and produced yet another PDF for
> you to look at, read and then discuss.
>
> http://edvina.net/asterisk/asa-intro.pdf
>
> All feedback - positive, negative and flames - are welcome!

Personally I can't really see a big need for such a new security
framework within Asterisk it seems to be a bit of a case of a solution
looking for a problem. Or at the very least it's possibly a case of
adding functionality for 10% of users and creating additional
complexity for 90%.

The current dialplan contexts already allow groupings of common
services amongst user accounts.

Regards,

Greyman.