[asterisk-dev] AstriDevCon - PineMango

Martin Smith martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 9 12:57:32 CDT 2008

Hi all,

> Brian Degenhardt wrote:
>
> 2) Give Asterisk a flexible programming API such that this
> functionality
> can be done outside of Asterisk in a development framework.  Apache +
> Rails is a great example of this.  Does Rails diminish the
> importance of
> Apache?  It does a bit, but imagine how diminished Apache would be if
> you couldn't use Rails with it because it didn't expose
> enough of an API.

I'd love to see Manager become that API. I realize this is fraught with
performance issues and probably many other considerations. But I'd love
to see something sockets based. +1 that security is important for
sockets based designs.

Martin Smith, Systems Developer
martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
University of Florida
(352) 392-0171 Ext. 221