[asterisk-dev] Asterisk on Windows (Subsystem for UNIX)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Oct 6 07:54:47 CDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Oron Peled wrote:
> About the original question -- just a hunch:
> * Note the name of the missing typedef
>  (use_ast_mutex_t_instead_of_pthread_mutex_t)
> * I suspect it is generated (e.g: by preprocessor macros,
>   #ifdef's etc.) in order to *fail* the compilation with
>   a (somewhat) meaningfull message.
> * If I'm correct (I didn't look at the code), than you wouldn't
>   find any such typedef. Instead, you should look at the configuration
>   stage and see if you can select implementation based on some
>   ast_mutex_t instead of the pthread_mutex_t implementation.

Pretty much.  The idea is to make sure that code always uses
ast_mutex_t instead of pthread_mutex_t.  It uses a preprocessor define
to cause the build to fail like this if code uses pthread_mutex_t.

The weird thing is, res_features surely does not do this unless you
changed the code ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer