[asterisk-dev] where are aliases processed?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Oct 5 11:40:39 CDT 2008

On 11:42, Sun 05 Oct 08, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 05:25:00AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:
>
> > > Which is a nice way to ruin an upgrade.
> >
> > I thought things like this were supposed to be part the upgrade process.
> > Always has been in the past.
>
> Aliases are actually meant to solve exactly the problem you complain
> about here.

digium's svn has a branch 'team/group/cli_aliases' that will introduce
CLI aliases. We already have a schema for 1.2 and 1.4 there so you can
run 1.2 and/or 1.4 style commands on a 1.6/trunk asterisk install.
We did not go back to 1.0 because we think that's too old. If you want
you can do that and post it to the bugtracker ;)

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"