[asterisk-dev] Virtual Modem Pool

Brad Silen brads at qualityprocess.com
Wed Oct 1 10:20:24 CDT 2008

Thank you to (almost) everyone for your many thoughtful and helpful

I agree the VOIP pathway does not make sense.  We are expecting high volumes
and I wanted to make sure to examine even those alternatives which were a
bit outside the box.

We are examining leased services like Level3, Quest,...  And, we will
compare the economics against setting up our own dial-in pool based on
legacy hardware now flooding the market.

While it does not make sense to use the VOIP pathway for high volume of data
if someone finds this thread needing to move data this article gives very
specific technical detail related to faxing:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+fax