[asterisk-dev] Using ReviewBoard to review work in developer branches (caveats)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Nov 26 15:43:18 CST 2008

Terry Wilson wrote:
> I've always just done a svn diff https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk
>   https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/team/twilson/calendaring > diff.txt,
> then manually removed any configure changes or if anything has snuck
> through because since the last automerge.  Seemed to work fine for
> me...or am I missing something?

That seems to sometimes work.  I have a couple of notes, though ...

1) If you're lazy and don't feel like uploading the diff, post-review is
easier.  The previously mentioned method of merging into a working copy
and then running "post-review" from there is how you would do that.  I
would recommend that everyone learn to love post-review, as it is the
quickest and easiest way to get changes posted, and is generally the
preferred method to avoid problems such as ...

2) Sometimes raw "svn diff" puts some stuff in the diff that reviewboard
gets upset about.  post-review has some magic to clean that stuff up
into a form that reviewboard is happy with, IIRC.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer