[asterisk-dev] CDR Problem Proposals

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Nov 21 12:15:49 CST 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:20:45 -0600, John Lange wrote
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 09:41 -0700, Steve Murphy wrote:
> > But, the feeling I get is, that A's conversation from the time
> > it calls in, to the time it hangs up with E, should all have been
> > recorded in one single CDR,
>
> I strongly disagree with that statement.
>
> >  with parks, xfers, etc, recorded in
> > other CDR's with some sort of cdr 'type' to help identify
> > billable/informational information.
>
> Each portion of the call should be a discreet CDR, end of story.
>
> If you want to put it all back together to see the entire call then you
> handle that in CDR parsing/reporting.
>
> The one thing that would make that really easy would be a unique id that
> stays the same throughout the call flow and is recorded in every CDR
> record.

This won't work in all cases - what if there are two separate CDR with own
unique id (all cases defined as CASE 3 in murf's RFC except the last two
diagrams were they are shifted and are CASE 1) ... which one to drop and which
one to keep in such cases?