[asterisk-dev] CDR Problem Proposals

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Fri Nov 21 11:20:45 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 09:41 -0700, Steve Murphy wrote:
> But, the feeling I get is, that A's conversation from the time
> it calls in, to the time it hangs up with E, should all have been
> recorded in one single CDR,

I strongly disagree with that statement.

>  with parks, xfers, etc, recorded in
> other CDR's with some sort of cdr 'type' to help identify
> billable/informational information.

Each portion of the call should be a discreet CDR, end of story.

If you want to put it all back together to see the entire call then you
handle that in CDR parsing/reporting.

The one thing that would make that really easy would be a unique id that
stays the same throughout the call flow and is recorded in every CDR
record.

> Until someone thoroughly and thoughtfully writes up a spec
> that is coherent, and follows it in the implementation,
> we'll never have a true CDR implementation.

Agreed. Lets wipe the slate clean and draw up something completely new
which hopefully will be ready for 1.8.

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca