[asterisk-dev] CDR Problem Proposals

Saúl Ibarra saghul at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:56:12 CST 2008

I'm also a little confused about what the best approach would be, but
that's my two cents:

Nowadays CDRs make people (and developers) spend lots of time trying
to get it working, with little luck sometimes :-/

Somebody said earlier in this thread that maybe the channel driver,
where the call transfers are processed should be the right place to
handle them. I agree whith this, because I don't really know where
else we could track the entire call transfers.

On the other hand, Leif proposed taking the CDR out of Asterisk and
providing tools for building our own CDR through the dialplan. This
also seems a good idea to me, and for some proyects I've built my own
CDR by using dialplan variables and AGIs. This is not very powerfull
right now, but I believe it could be enhanced with the inclusion of
CEL.

We really need Asterisk to have a good CDR :)

--
Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."