[asterisk-dev] Reverse Inheritance

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Nov 11 11:39:04 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> If the plus sign sounds too much like math, which is an objection I can
> understand, how about using the caret sign ('^'), which is another character
> that Jared Smith suggested in our discussion.

I kind of like the ^ as it makes me think, "push the inheritance up".
The only thing I can think of is where in the dialplan we use ^ as a
separator character (I've used it before, but don't think I've ever
prefixed anything with a ^, so it should be safe).

So would we use Set(^VARIABLE=value) and Set(^^VARIABLE=value) for
single and infinite inheritance?

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com