[asterisk-dev] Reverse Inheritance

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 11 07:37:10 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> This brings up two questions in my mind.  First, what are the safeguards that
> we must abide by to ensure that nothing unsafe happens?  For one thing, I
> think it would be sensible to ensure that variables can only be set, not
> overwritten with this method.  Can anybody think of other possible problems
> with implementing reverse inheritance?

What would trigger it happening, just the act of setting a variable with
a name that matches this pattern? If the variable gets its value changed
six times, does that mean it has to be copied to the parent channels
each time the value gets changed?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies