[asterisk-dev] Reverse Inheritance

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Nov 11 11:33:57 CST 2008

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> So what happens when Dial() creates three channels, and one of them sets
> a reverse-inheritance variable, but then is not the channel who answers
> and thus never gets bridged?

It has always been my opinion that when any of the "extra" channels on a
Dial() don't answer it should be treated as if they never happened.
Thus, only the answering channel would have the ability to change
upstream variables. Of course if nobody answers and the dial plan writer
wants to pass information about that up the ladder, this functionality
wouldn't help too much...

Regards,
Trevor Peirce
--
Does your Canadian VoIP service need CRTC-compliant 9-1-1 service? Stop
by http://www.digitalcon.ca/voip9-1-1/ today to find out how!