[asterisk-dev] Notify with Caller ID

Sean Bright sean.bright at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:58:55 CST 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Implementing a channel walk for each notify was exactly the reason why
> we have
> not accepted all the patches for SNOM pickup... I don't really agree
> with this,
> unless there has been huge changes to channel walks.

Agreed, that is why I made it optional (and it defaults to being off).  Also, I
just introduced another patch that should improve the channel search a bit to
make it more efficient (based on your feedback, as well as Russell and Kevin's).

> We have to get the information from the source, the sending channel,
> instead of retrieving it in the actual notify. There's a couple of items
> we want to add as attachments in that case, so we might want to
> discuss this.

Yeah, one of the original patches (I don't remember which one) modified the
extension state callbacks to pass along the CID name and number of the channel
that caused the subscribed extension to change states.  It seemed a little
short-sighted to me in that there might be many data points we would want access
to on the subscribed side of things and I just saw that spiraling out of
control.  Not to mention the case where there are multiple callers causing an
extension to ring.  As Russell pointed out, this will require some architectural
changes to how extension states are currently handled.  Do you have any thoughts
to get us moving in the right direction?

> If this code was in the bug tracker, I would not accept it for the
> same reasons
> we did not accept the SNOM pickup code.

It was there for abouot a day before I committed it.

    http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13827

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to review it.

Thanks,
--
Sean Bright
sean.bright at gmail.com