[asterisk-dev] Notify with Caller ID

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 4 13:43:08 CST 2008

Russell Bryant wrote:

> For systems that are not under very heavy load, while walking the
> channel list is expensive, it's not the end of the world.  I would
> suggest simply supplementing the documentation of the option in sip.conf
> to note that the current implementation has a performance impact for
> systems under load that will make the option unusable.

In addition, we've already suggested to Sean that he add some sort of
ast_channel_walk_callback() that would make the channel search less
expensive than it is today; this would not solve the entire problem, but
would make it a little more tolerable.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies