[asterisk-dev] murf: branch 1.4 r152535 - in /branches/1.4: apps/ funcs/ include/asterisk/ res/

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Nov 3 16:37:26 CST 2008

Steve Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 15:28 -0600, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Mark Michelson wrote:

>>> For my education, where is the memory leak? What else is required besides
>>> pbx_destroy()?

>> Previously, when code returned KEEPALIVE, it was expecting the PBX
>> thread to destroy the channel's ast_pbx object.  In this modified code,
>> pbx_destroy() is no longer being called.  The catch is, it's really not
>> safe to touch the channel at all here ...
>
> Right, so the "right" thing to do is just make sure the parking manager
> properly
> destroys its channel, including destroying the pbx... then there would
> be no leak, right?

Yes, that would work, if the parking code is the only user of the
KEEPALIVE return code.  Any other user would have be similarly updated,
as well.

I would still like to see these "please don't touch my channel mmmkthx"
return codes die a horrible death.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer