[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Ward Mundy wardmundy at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:59:36 CDT 2008

 > So... the two areas where code changes in Asterisk affect these systems
are
> API changes and CLI/dialplan syntax changes. An example of an API change
> would be the ast_config_load function which, I am told, now requires that
an
> additional parameter be passed.

>> What was this change? When? What was the rationale for doing it?

What: The change was to add an additional parameter presumably with
additional functionality.
When: Asterisk 1.6-beta
Why: I've assumed that the improvement was for the best of reasons. That
doesn't change what I've suggested.

>> Arguing that something is bad because "I was told so" makes it pretty
difficult for anybody to give you sensible answers.

You're certainly proving that. I didn't say it was bad. I said it was
different. I was told it was different by Jared Smith. I assumed he knew
what he was talking about since he offered a patch to un-break Cepstral.

>> What prevents you from fixing it? Or paying someone to fix it?

Knowing how prevents me from fixing it. Not sure why it would be my
responsibility to pay someone to fix something that someone else broke. I'm
not making a nickel off of this stuff. Digium (and others like you) are.

>> where can I find the latest versions of: phpagi (homepage lists latest
version as released on 2005)

Any current version of FreePBX or PBX in a Flash will have the latest
supported version of phpagi.

>> Generally if some software is left unchanged for two years, with not even
bug fixes, I start suspecting no one uses it.

That kinda says it all and explains the problem better than I ever could
have.