[asterisk-dev] Gosub and Macro

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu May 29 20:54:11 CDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 17:57:44 Tim Ringenbach wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > There are several ways in which Gosub and Macro differ in behavior, and
> > these differences are extremely difficult to emulate.
>
> One other difference (and correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played
> with Gosub all that much), is that if you exec application Macro from
> an AGI, you can run some dialplan code and then return to the AGI.
> Believe with Gosub, nothing happens except changing where execution
> continuing after exiting the AGI.

That is a really good point, and I think you had a good expectation that it
should have worked, and even though you understand why it didn't, I think it
was a bug that it didn't work.

If you have some time to look at this, I have a prospective patch that should
take care of this (implemented as a native command).

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12760

--
Tilghman