[asterisk-dev] temporary file names for monitor files

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Thu May 29 17:24:48 CDT 2008

Does it make sense to write a patch for Asterisk so that while a
recording is in progress, the file has a '.part' extension on the file
name to differentiate it from files in which recording has finished.

The idea here is that if you want to move your recordings off to another
place once you have finished you can write a simple "cron" to do it
without having to worry if the recording has completed or not.

I realize this could be done through dialplan logic but seems to me that
this is a more logical way to tackle this problem.

Thoughts?

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca