[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|'

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri May 23 14:16:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 09:47:18PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > > Thus when processing the dialplan from extensions.conf, asterisk would
> > > silently translate commas to pipes.
> >
> > So... Tilghman's large crowd of applauders...
>
> Please avoid ad-humenem attack you $%^$%^$%^^W^W.

If you can identify people at whom I was directing ad-hominem attack,
I'll humbly apologize to them.

Since a) I wasn't, and b) I don't have any particular reason to believe
there exists some large group of asterisk deployers who think that
pipes are unacceptable delimiters but commas are just dandy[1], then I
don't expect to be worried about how you prepare crow.

> > won't be affected at all,
> > since they're already using commas, and those will keep working.
>
> Right. But there aer also places whwere you could not use commas, as
> there was no translation done. realtime dialplan is one of them.

Precisely.  And, oddly, those people are speaking up.  So we have at
least 3 working developers who think it's a Bad Idea, and no named
developers at all who think it's just dandy.

How am I *supposed* to interpret this, Tzafrir?

Cheers,
-- jra
[1]This isn't ad-hominem attack on TL; it's accusing *him* of Appeal To
Authority, without even the benefit of telling us whom his authority
is.  It's just Them.

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)