[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri May 23 13:37:10 CDT 2008

On 21:24, Fri 23 May 08, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:00:51AM -0400, Ward Mundy wrote:
> > >
> > > Why don't you suggest a patch, and we'll look at it the same way we look
> > at
> > > any other patch -- on its merits?
> >
> > That's the kind of attitude that led to our Nerd Vittles articles in the
> > first place. Jared' s response was that we needed to try and participate in
> > the process... which we are doing. Let me (once again) propose a guideline
> > that worked for me for the better part of 30 years in the software
> > development business: "You break it, you fix it. I break, I fix it."  It
> > doesn't make a whole lot of sense for all of us to rummage through Digium's
> > code try to fix stuff that you broke. Sorry.
>
> If we're getting theoretical, why not propose a theoretical model that
> works elsewhere? "if it bothers you[r users], fix it".
>
> That's why the companies that are the top contributors to the Linux
> kernel are RedHat, IBM (global services?) and Novel (SUSE).
>
> "participate" means filing bug reports for all the little things that
> bother you. Preferebly with patches, but not a must. Every little thing
> you have to work around is worth a bug report. If your bugs are
> mis-handled in your opinion, then there's the -dev list and/or
> #asterisk-dev to discuss that.
>
> The best way to advance this feature is by suggesting a patch. If this
> is such an important feature I'm sure someone will come up with one.
>
> I suggest we'll wait with this discussion until we have a bug number.

And because corydon already put in a patch where you can set the
compatibility with the 1.4 way we probably wont see a patch.

He changed it, listened, and introduced a way to keep it working like it
was. Isn't that what we all meant ?

Now you can use |, but it's still recommended to convert to ,
There you go.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"