[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 23 13:24:56 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:00:51AM -0400, Ward Mundy wrote:

> > Why don't you suggest a patch, and we'll look at it the same way we look
> at
> > any other patch -- on its merits?
>
> That's the kind of attitude that led to our Nerd Vittles articles in the
> first place. Jared' s response was that we needed to try and participate in
> the process... which we are doing. Let me (once again) propose a guideline
> that worked for me for the better part of 30 years in the software
> development business: "You break it, you fix it. I break, I fix it."  It
> doesn't make a whole lot of sense for all of us to rummage through Digium's
> code try to fix stuff that you broke. Sorry.

If we're getting theoretical, why not propose a theoretical model that
works elsewhere? "if it bothers you[r users], fix it".

That's why the companies that are the top contributors to the Linux
kernel are RedHat, IBM (global services?) and Novel (SUSE).

"participate" means filing bug reports for all the little things that
bother you. Preferebly with patches, but not a must. Every little thing
you have to work around is worth a bug report. If your bugs are
mis-handled in your opinion, then there's the -dev list and/or
#asterisk-dev to discuss that.

The best way to advance this feature is by suggesting a patch. If this
is such an important feature I'm sure someone will come up with one.

I suggest we'll wait with this discussion until we have a bug number.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com