[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Will nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:25:42 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Tony Mountifield
<tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> The problem here is that a lot of (most?) people running production systems
> have not been using 1.4, because for most of its life it was not robust
> enough for production use. It only really approached bulletproof status
> around the same time as 1.6 started entering beta!

While that may be true, only 3 instances in the current 1.2 sample
dialplan show the use of '|' inside parentheses while 40 or so
examples show the use of ','.  Of course, that may have changed over
time.  I started with 1.2.4 and using the ',' inside parentheses
seemed to be the right way to do it.  So now they're expecting to skip
an entire major release of Asterisk and maintain full backward
compatibility.

Will