[asterisk-dev] Issue 10417 - T.38 with devices behind NAT does not work in all circumstances

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed May 21 13:49:27 CDT 2008

Greetings All,

The current patch on this issue sets the UDPTL remote IP address to either the received RTP IP address (if there is one) or the source IP address of SIP signalling when nat is set to yes. It does this so that outgoing UDPTL packets will reach the remote side if the correct ports are forwarded. This is done as some T38 capable devices do not send UDPTL (so we can't learn the source IP address/port) until they receive it.

My question to the list is what are your thoughts on this? Is this something we should do? Make it an option?

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.