[asterisk-dev] Strange characters in 1.4.20

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed May 21 09:23:06 CDT 2008

We did the upgrade to 1.4.20 last evening and now every time we connect
to the console (via ssh) we get very odd characters at the beginning of
every line.

Is this a funky problem with our system or a weird bug?

I don't think this will come through in email but here is a paste of the
text. On the console they appear as spades (like from a deck of cards).

-----

Asterisk 1.4.20, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty'
for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General
Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute
it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
Connected to Asterisk 1.4.20 currently running on voip2 (pid = 4378)

-----

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca